PCGS Graded Coins Highlight Stack’s Bowers World Coin Auction Results
New York, NY. — PCGS rang in the New Year with tremendous results at Stack’s Bowers January New York International Auction. An excellent array of coins, anchored by several superb collections, realized prices well above pre-auction estimates.
Highlights of the auction included the following PCGS-graded coins:
- Lot 3311: RUSSIA, Ducat 1716, Peter I (The Great), graded PCGS AU-55, est. $50,000, fetched $117,500
- Lot 3322: Russia, Ducat 1753-OE BP 5, Elizabeth, graded PCGS AU-58, est. $30,000, fetched $64,625
- Lot 3346: Russia, 12 Ruble, 1831-CNB, graded PCGS AU-53, est. $25,000, fetched $36,425
- Lot 3070: Italy, 100 Lire, 1912-R, graded PCGS MS65, est. $10,000, fetched $25,850
- Lot 3339: Russia, 5 Rubles, 1791-CNB, Catherine II (The Great), graded PCGS AU-58, est. $7,000, fetched $23,500
- Lot 3441: Transylvania, Klippe Taler, 1681-Al, Karlsburg Mint, Michael Apafi I, graded PCGS AU-55, est. $10,000, fetched $21,150
Over its 80-year history, Stacks Bowers continues to specialize in auctions of rare U.S. and world coins, currency and ancient coins. To review the complete auction results, visit www.stacksbowers.com.
Founded in 1986 by distinguished numismatic experts, Professional Coin Grading Service is the most respected coin authentication and grading company in the world and has offices in Paris, Shanghai, Hong Kong and the United States.